Danfoss® Turbocor Oil-Free Compressors
EPS is proud to be a licensed distributor of the Danfoss Turbocor oil-free family of compressors, the world's first totally oil-free compressors. These compressors are specifically designed for the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) industry.
The convergence of aerospace and industrially proven magnetic bearing, variable-speed centrifugal compression and digital electronic technologies enables the Turbocor family of oil-free compressors (nominal 60-150 ton capacity range at ARI standard conditions) to achieve the highest compressor efficiencies for middle-market water-cooled, evaporatively cooled and air-cooled Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration product applications.
The Quietest Oil-Free Compressor on the Market Today
The Danfoss oil-free compressors are by far the quietest HVAC compressors in the industry! They operate right around the normal conversation level (70dBA) and with virtually no vibration. What this means is, you could place a running Danfoss compressor in a conference room and still have your meeting.
47% Plus Energy Savings
In a document report done by Building Controls Management – Energy Resources Monitoring and Computerised Controls Specialists, a firm that specializes in precise third party documentation, a Turbocor retrofit conversion of two Trane Model R compressors showed a 47% plus energy savings. Better than any other Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning or Refrigeration compressor available.
Danfoss Magnetic Bearings
- The Danfoss Turbocor oil-free compressors' rotor shafts and impellers levitate during rotation and float on a magnetic cushion.
- Two radial and one axial magnetic bearing are employed.
- Bearing sensors feed back real-time orbit information to digitally controlled bearings.
- Centered rotation is instantaneously self-corrected and maintained.
- When not powered, the rotor is supported by carbon composite, touchdown bearings designed for years of use.
- The Danfoss Turbocor compressor speed adjusts to changes in load and/or condensing temperature.
- As compressor speed reduces due to lower loads and /or condensing temperatures, energy consumption dramatically reduces. Part load energy efficiency is outstanding, with energy savings greater than 30% compared to traditional screw compressors.
- Centrifugal compression offers higher aerodynamic efficiency compared to any other compressor designs.
- Variable-speed drive provides best part load efficiency, and operates most effectively with centrifugal compression.
- Compressor has one (1) main moving part. The two impellers are keyed directly to the motor rotor as shown in the illustration.
- Compressor has two stages of centrifugal with the potential to incorporate an economizer cycle.
- Well-proven, long-life in central plant applications.
For more information on installing a Danfoss oil-free compressor or a retrofit conversion for an existing system, contact us at 419-433-7048, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.